From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Mic works, but doesn't work...
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:27:38
1 On 21/04/12 21:13, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Ah, for a peaceful Saturday, but I guess not this one... I'm just
4 > starting to investigate this but maybe someone's worked on this sort
5 > of thing recently?
6
7 Make sure the mic is selected as the "capture" source:
8
9 * Run alsamixer in a terminal.
10 * Press F6 and select your sound card.
11 * Press F4 to get to the capture settings.
12 * From the available inputs, select "Mic" (left/right arrow keys) and
13 press space to select it as the capture source. Raise the capture volume
14 to maximum (up arrow key.)
15 * Esc.
16
17 All of this can also be done in KMix if you're on KDE.