From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:22:27
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > · Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>:
7 >> I'm not sure about that "easy" part just yet.
10 > Okay. Ask your questions.
13 Uh oh. You opened a can of worms now. ;-)
14 >
15 >> It takes me a while to
16 >> get my light bulb to come on and at least glow a bit.
19 > Okay. Well, feel free to ask ;)
22 Now you are really asking for it. O_O
23 >
24 >> Here is what I
25 >> found in my kernel menuconfig:
28 >>> │ │ [*] Multiple devices driver support (RAID and
29 >>>
30 > [...]
31 >
32 >> Do you use any of the other EXPERIMENTAL drivers?
35 > Yep; snapshot to be exact.
38 Then I'll try to match up with that, though I may not use the feature.
39 Then again, I might.
40 >
41 >> Keep in mind, I don't
42 >> use modules on my rig, except for nvidia.
45 > Fine. Then don't use modules. I don't understand, what you're
46 > asking here.
47 >
48 > I also fail to understand, how that question (kernel configuration, here:
49 > "to module, or not to module") is related to LVM. To make that clear, I'm
50 > implying that there's no connection at all.
53 It wasn't really. I just noticed the how to said modules and I wanted
54 to make sure it didn't matter. I don't know why I don't use them
55 either. I just never did.
56 >
57 >> May start a new thread on this, unless the OP is following along as
58 >> well. ?? What you think?
61 > I changed the subject. This should be sufficient, I suppose.
62 >
63 > Alexander Skwar
66 Well, because of health issues I may be a bit slow to get started.
67 Winter is coming on and I have a skin desease that does not like the
68 cold. Maybe I should move to Florida. Well, hurricanes aren't good either.
69
70 Going to do some reading though. Be back when I can tackle this.
71
72 Dale
73