From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] linux authentication server
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:15:09
1 On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:42:48 +0930
2 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > this one's a bit OT...
7 >
8 > I have a linux server and multiple (<10) windows xp clients. So far,
9 > each windows client has it's own user and password info stored on it.
10 > This slowly becomes harder to manage as a user has to have an account
11 > on each machine, and has to change passwords in multiple places.
12 >
13 > Therefore, I'm looking for an active directory kindof server for
14 > linux. I have minimal experience with AD, if it even is available the
15 > way I think it is for linux, but I have no doubt I can pick up the
16 > administration. Your opinion on your favourite, and why, would be
17 > very useful to me. Any tips / howto would also be great.
18 >
19 > thanks!
22 A possible free solution is using samba as PDC and an LDAP
23 authentication. Check theese out:
24
25 http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/index.html
26 http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/