From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Plasma-runtime compilation problems
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:42:11
1 On 08/09/2011 08:34 PM, Jeff Cranmer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to upgrade kde from 4.4 to 4.6, and I've run into a problem.
5 >
6 > Plasma-runtime-4.6.3 is failing. The error appears to be
7 > redefinition of 'struct QMetaTypeID<Plasma::Service*>'
8
9 I don't use kde so I can't be specific, but usually a redefinition is
10 just a warning -- unless the package is compiled with the -Wall flag or
11 equivalent.
12
13 Do you see lots of other redefinition warnings before the build stops?
14 If so, you may be overlooking the real error message which may appear
15 dozens of lines earlier
16
17 Often I find the real error message embedded in a long list of harmless
18 warnings, especially if I'm compiling with -j2 or higher. ("Waiting for
19 unfinished jobs" is a good clue that the error occurred much earlier in
20 the build.)