From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:33:14
1 On Friday 22 May 2015 13:47:28 walt wrote:
2 > On 05/21/2015 04:49 PM, Dale wrote:
3
4 > > Then so have I. I have changed one thing a lot of times over the years,
5 > > run make and it work fine. Most of the time, it is when emerge spits
6 > > out that a option is needed for a package to work. Honestly, this is
7 > > the first time I recall hearing this should even be done.
8 >
9 > The first n times I discovered than "make clean" prevents (some) problems
10 > (sometimes) is when I was running the daily unstable kernels directly from
11 > Linus's git repo.
12 >
13 > As you would expect, I had to git-bisect a lot of kernel bugs over the
14 > years, and along the way I discovered that doing the exact-same bisect on
15 > the exact- same source code could produce different results -- results
16 > that were just plain wrong sometimes.
17 >
18 > That problem disappeared when I started doing "make clean" after every
19 > bisect, painful though it seemed at the time.
20 >
21 > I'm now much too old and grouchy to debug unstable kernels every day,
22 > though.
23
24 Did you also enable CONFIG_MEMCG & MEMCG_KMEM in your kernel?
27 Regards,
28 Mick