From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] faded images with Gwenview : bug submitted
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 07:32:06
1 210914 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 210913 David Haller wrote:
3 >> Gwenview uses color-management via media-libs/lcms, feh does not.
4 >> See "Rendering intent" and "Color profile" under "Advanced"
5 >> in Gwenview's configure dialog. HTH.
6 > That cb relevant, but I've explored further & have some results.
7 >
8 > When I crop a JPG image with Fotoxx or Gwenview,
9 > then view it with Gwenview, the colors remain vivid ;
10 > this is true whether I rename the new version in Gwenview or not.
11 >
12 > It's only when I crop a PNG image in Gwenview
13 > & save it in place (ie with the same name), that the colors are faded
14 > & that's only when viewed with Gwenview, not eg with Feh.
15 >
16 > So I can avoid the problem either by cropping only with Fotoxx
17 > or by renaming them whenever I do it with Gwenview
18 > or by converting PNGs to JPGs before cropping them.
19
20 I have reconfirmed this.
21
22 > The bad case does look like a Gwenview bug,
23 > but KDE bugs tend to disappear into the ocean, if reported.
24
25 In fact, as I had forgotten (grimace), I did submit a bug previously :
26 KDE Bug 420357 back in April 2020, to which no-one has yet responded.
27 I've added a comment & we'll see if there's any response this time.
28
29 > Thanks for the comments. I will try redoing the faded versions,
30 > tho' that will mean getting them from the I/net again.
31
32 I managed to do that & now have images which cb seen via Gwenview.
33
34 > Any further suggestions re causes of the bad case are welcome.
35
36 They still are, but it does seem to be a bug.
40 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
41 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
42 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca