From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "lvm failed to start"
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:01:26
1 On Tuesday 03 April 2012 18.09:26 walt wrote:
2 > This is an ~amd64 machine, up to date as of today. The strange thing
3 > is that lvm did *not* fail to start -- it's working perfectly.
4 >
5 > Now, being an Incorrigible Old Fart(TM) I'm still using openrc, and
6 > who knows what evil lurks in that paleolithic package? :p
7 >
8 > Anyone else getting this (false) alarm during boot?
9 I have a similar thing on my ~x86, but the difference is that I know why I get it.
10 I have successfully be able to create an initramfs that does a vgscan, vgchange -a y and mounts /usr (which is on LVM).
11 But now I (naturally) I get "LVM failed to start" (and of cause "failed to mount /usr) when openrc processes the init-scripts.
12 So, my question is really - should I remove lvm from the init-process and put noauto in /etc/fstab for /usr?
13 Even if it is on my playground box I still want to be able to boot it.
14 When these two "issues" are solved I'm going to let my system update udev.
17 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
19 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!