From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:29:30
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 16:04, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > Everytime when gentoo introduces a new profile as now 2006.1 there are
3 > some use flag changes. After i switch to the new profile and do an
4 > emerge -uND world there are several packages affected by this changes.
5 > So i normally go through the output and look if there are changes i
6 > did not want and add them to /etc/portage/package.use.
7 > Does anybody know if there is a documentation about this changes and
8 > why they are applied. Until now i found nothing about it. I looked
9 > into the gentoo upgrade guide but found nothing about it. Also the
10 > most recent profile there is 2006.0.
11
12 Did you see the previous thread about this today. I don't think there is such
13 a document. You could look in the cvs logs though and see if that reveals
14 something. Otherwise feel free to ask here as we might be able to explain
15 then.
18 Bo Andresen