From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache died this morning... why?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:35:45
1 On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 08:44:45 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > >>> preserved-rebuild should just take care of all this automagically.
4 > >>> Do you have preserve-libs in FEATURES?
5 >
6 > >> Nope... is this now recommended? Is it the default on new installs?
7 >
8 > > Yes it's the default for new installs and comes highly recommended
9 > > (unless you like having stuff not work at all till revdep-rebuild
10 > > completes...)
11 > >
12 > > There was a news item 2013-06-07:
13 >
14 > Interesting. Wonder how I missed that, or why my new install doesn't
15 > have it enabled - or is it enabled somewhere other than in
16 > /etc/portage/make.conf?
17
18 It's enabled in the profile, like most defaults. You can see whether it is
19 set by looking at the output from emerge --info.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 The truth shall make you free, but first it shall piss you off.