From: smoke3 <smoke3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PS/2 mouse not working
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:31:26
1 Hi guys,
2 I just bought a new PS/2 Trust optical mouse (3 buttons), but I can't
3 get it works under my gentoo:
4 I'm using gentoo-sources 2.6.12-r6 for amd64 and I think I configured
5 my kernel as well as possible for PS/2 mice support.
6 When system boots, it turns the red laser light off and when i try
7 "cat /dev/input/mice" or "cat /dev/psaux" i get some "X" on 1,2 and 3
8 button pressed.
9 I think there is probably a problem on hw detection on system booting,
10 but I really don't know where to put my hands on!!!
11 Can anybody help me please????
12
13 TNX!
14 S.G.
15
16 PS: dmesg | grep PS/2:
17 "PNP: PS/2 Controller... irq 1,12
18 mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
19 input ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1"
22 You can't learn what you think you know.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list