From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: usb external drive
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:03:42
1 On Friday 06 July 2007 19:28, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 18:04 +0000, James wrote:
3 > > I do not have NTFS enabled in the kernel. The wiki on ntfs3g said not
4 > > to:
5 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NTFS_write_with_ntfs-3g
6 >
7 > Likely because they mutually exclusive (i.e. both are drivers for the
8 > same filesystem). Although to be honest I've not used either. I just
9 > know that they exit.
10 >
11 > [...]
12 >
13 > > DO tell how to get KDE to automagically make the drive available with
14 > > few keystrokes? Many users will be sharing the drive and moving
15 > > it around quite often.
16 >
17 > Again, to be honest, I've never done it in KDE, although I assume it's
18 > just about similar as in Gnome (which is go to
19 > System/Preferences/Removable Drives and Media). Just make sure you have
20 > the hald service running.
21
22 The wiki says not to use the FUSE module in the kernel, but to emerge it as a
23 separate module. I don't think it says anything about not including the
24 normal ntfs driver (I'm sure I have it built in mine).
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick