From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating Blue-ray video discs
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 09:57:48
1 Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > Have you tried Xfburn (`app-cdr/xfburn`) ? Unfortunately it is a graphical
4 > application (GTK+) with a somewhat-ugly user interface, but does claim to burn
5 > Blu-Rays. I can only vouch for its stability with standard D.V.D.s, although
6 > it's worth a try.
9 I don't believe this was the question.
10
11 cdrecord of course writes BluRays since 2007, but the question was for software
12 that prepares the data to create a compliant filesystem content.
13
14 BTW: for a compliant medium, you of course also need an UDF filesystem that is
15 not supported by the software you mention but that is supported by mkisofs that
16 is (like cdrecord) part of the cdrtools project.
17
18 Jörg
21 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
22 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/