From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail System with virtuell User
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:41:09
1 Am 12.09.2013 02:12, schrieb Silvio Siefke:
2 > Hello,
5 > has someone run a Mailserver (Postfix) with virtuell User which not
6 > use Mysql/Postgresql Database Backen? I has read the Dovecot / Postfix
7 > Websites which has Howtos for No Database but so really want not run.
8 >
9 > The most Howto i found are for Mysql and on Debian. Gentoo is not use
10 > as Web/Mailserver? I found only the wiki from Gentoo but is only use
11 > with Database. Has someone a config and can shared or know someone a
12 > Tutorial which can take as first step to install?
13
14 You can also setup postfix and dovecot to work with virtual users
15 without a DB .. although it is somewhat harder to maintain IMO. postfix
16 reads textfiles easily ... dovecot is also very flexible ... it all
17 depends on what number of users to provide if a no-DB-setup makes sense.
18
19 Why do you want to avoid it?
20
21 Your email suggests you are from germany ... I recommend "Das
22 Postfix-Buch" by Peer Heinlein for a start.
23
24 Nothing gentoo-specific here ... no reason not to use gentoo as a
25 mailserver (I do that for years, although with mysql).
26
27 Stefan