From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] no more inodes
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:43:22
1 > My advice: Save everything to another disk and then reformat the
2 > partition with a higher amount of inodes.
3
4 Everything? Won't that copy over the extraneous inodes?
7 > This will create a file system with three times as many indoes as you
8 > had before.
9
10 Is 3x enough? I haven't even gotten off the ground yet, 28 lines in
11 /var/db/pkg/world and my alotted inodes have been already used up? No
12 gnome, kde, gimp, office etc etc.
13
14 FWIW, I thought I'd chroot in and do an emerge -C mozilla-firefox but
15 it hadn't even been installed yet! It choked on dev-java/jdk. So, did
16 emerge mozilla-firefox. Same thing:
17
18 IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device:
19 '/var/db/pkg/dev-java/-MERGING-sun-jdk-1.6.0.13/CFLAGS'
20
21 mw