From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X-forwarding fails with "Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key"
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:52:17
1 Grant wrote:
2 > X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now I get:
3 >
4 > Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
5 > Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
6 > Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
7 > Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
8 > Cannot open display:
9 >
10 > I have:
11 >
12 > # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep X11Forwarding
13 > X11Forwarding yes
14 >
15 > Does anyone know how to fix this?
16
17 First, ssh to the box without X forwarding and:
18
19 rm ~/.Xauthority
20 rm ~/.ICEauthority
21 logout
22
23 Then try to ssh again with X forwarding enabled. It should work.