From: Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Icon loading problem after updating for GNOME based application
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:55:55
1 On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:48:57PM -0600, Hung Dang wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > After updating my system I find out that some gnome based applications
4 > have problem with png images. For example, I got this message when
5 > trying to open stadict
6 > "Can not load image. Couldn't recognize the image file format for file
7 > '/usr/share/pixmaps/stardict.png'" and this problem happened to at least
8 > two of my machines.
9 > Does anyone know what is going on with my system? I use KDE 4.3.2 then
10 > only gtk USE flag is enabled on my box. Please see the output of emerge
11 > --info in the attached file for more information.
12 >
13 > Thanks a lot
14 > Hung
18 # update-mime-database /usr/share/mime-info
19 # update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
20 % update-mime-database ~/.config/mime
23 Jake Todd
24 // If it isn't broke, tweak it!