From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Preparing a laptop for sale
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:07:21
1 On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm about to sell my old laptop and I'd like to wipe out the data and
3 > install any flavor of Linux via USB (the CD drive doesn't work any
4 > more).  I've got a bootable USB key that will get me into Gentoo.  How
5 > would you take it from there?  I'm looking for something quick and
6 > easy.  My data isn't too sensitive, but I'd like to do some type of
7 > wiping so it isn't all just sitting there with a deleted flag or
8 > however that works.
9 >
10 > - Grant
14 Hiren's Bootcd contains a bunch of useful tools for the computer
15 professional, and a few that will help you in your disk wipery. It
16 also comes in a convenient USB image.
17
18 http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5090985/Hirens_Boot_USB_10.0