From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linux/Standards-friendly mobile phone
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:52:18
1 On 2008-05-19, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Well after acquiring my first very own mobile phone only three
4 > years ago I've come to destroying it last night. So now I'm
5 > in the market for a new phone. I'd prefer something Linux/OSS
6 > friendly,
7
8 When you say "Linux/OSS friendly" do you mean it in the context
9 of managing and communicating with the phone (backing up the
10 phone list, downloading new ringtones/wallpaper, grabbing
11 photos)? Or do you mean you want to develop Linux/OSS software
12 to run on the phone?
13
14 If you mean the former, then anything that's supported by
15 BitPIM or gnokii is "Linux/OSS friendly":
16
17 http://www.bitpim.org/
18 http://www.gnokii.org/
19
20 If you want one that _runs_ Linux and for which you can develop
21 software, then I've no idea...
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I want to kill
25 at everyone here with a cute
26 visi.com colorful Hydrogen Bomb!!
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list