From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KVM and no keyboard at start of boot
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:12:08
1 On 10 Jun 2009, at 00:03, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > ...
3 > My keyboard (through kvm) is not recognized until bootup gets to the
4 > login prompt. Once there... no problems with keyboard.
5 >
6 > If I want to do anything early in boot process, like at grub prompt, I
7 > must keep a keyboard plugged in direct to machine.
8
9 If you can't access the BIOS using the KVM then the problem is
10 hardware, not with Linux software.
11
12 > Now using an IOMEGA 4prt `symphany'. All usb. I guess `Symphany'
13 > because you can switch speaker connections too.
14
15 You might try checking BIOS options. Some BIOS have "legacy USB" modes
16 & suchlike. There is a standard for USB keyboards & mice - the BIOS
17 might mention "HID" (Human Interface Devices), which refers to these.
18
19 Stroller.