From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo segfaults on virtualbox-4.1.14 when running on AMD bulldozer
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:56:44
1 On 04/27/2012 11:45 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 27/04/12 22:35, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 >> I replaced my Phenom II cpu with a new 6-core AMD bulldozer. However, I
4 >> noticed that all of my Gentoo virtual machines throw (compiler)
5 >> segmentation faults when building or running any application.
6 >
7 > How do you get it to boot? How do you manage to log in? Are the
8 > binaries from the stage tarball not affected?
11 What do you mean? I was using these VMs before I replace my CPU and I
12 was kinda expecting to keep working on my new CPU as well. The same VMs
13 work on the same host when using Windows 7 64-bit as host OS and not
14 Gentoo. I also tried to install Gentoo on a fresh new VM and I got a gcc
15 segmentation fault right in the middle of the kernel compilation. So,
16 yes stage binaries are affected as well. Is that what you were asking?
19 Regards,
20 Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2