From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 or kernel config - unable to properly boot
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:37:50
1 Am 26.08.2013 20:11, schrieb Francisco Ares:
2 > Hi, Michael, thanks for you reply.
3 >
4 > Please forgive me for not having mentioned grub2-mkconfig and
5 > grub2-install. The mentioned grub.cfg was a sample from a working system,
6 > with legacy grub:0, from which I have recovered parts of the kernel command
7 > line parameters.
8 >
9 > After "genkernel" finished to build the kernel, I've issued:
10 >
11 > grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
12 > grub2-install /dev/sda
13 >
14 > Sorry for this.
15 > Francisco
16 On a failed boot, can you reach the rescue system from the initramfs?
17 (The message is something like "enter password for rescue or ctrl+d) If
18 so, are you able mount your actual root partiton (sda5) manually?