From: "Vernon A. Fort" <vfort@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Advanced routing
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:08:07
1 We switched from a cisco router to using a gentoo box with mutiple nics
2 - all appears to be working very well. However, i ran into a major
3 problem when one of my PC's went nuts. It flooded the network with
4 "unknown protocol" which I saw from tcpdump.
5
6 Basically, I am trying to find a way to protect the internal network
7 from bad network devices. This did happen when under the cisco setup
8 but it did not bring the network down. I'm assuming we need a little
9 bandwidth control (TC) implementation but is there any tricks in the
10 kernel/network setup which will help as well.
11
12 Any pointers will greatly help!
13
14 Vernon