From: Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommended applications
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 14:10:09
1 On 25 May 2015 at 14:33, Guy-Laurent Subri <guy-laurent@×××××.ch> wrote:
2 > BTW, Emanuele, what kind of issues do you have with zathura ? I don't
3 > have any.
4
5 For some PDFs it can't read the outline (bookmarks, whatever they are
6 called) and freezes when I try to open the outline view. llpp seems to
7 work fine with them.
8 On the other hand, qpdfview has issues sometimes too, as in crashing
9 when opening some PDFs. Those issues come from poppler, I think, because
10 the same PDFs crashed every other poppler-based viewer I tried.
11 That is the reason why I keep one viewer based on poppler and another
12 one based on mupdf handy.
13 By the way, I was looking for a pdf that crashed poppler, to test llpp
14 on it, but I can't find it anymore (though llpp is mupdf-based, so it
15 shouldn't have been affected, anyway).
16 Maybe that bug has been resolved lately.
17
18 -- Emanuele Rusconi