From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 again
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:19:54
1 On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > After reading last month's thread on kde-4 I decided to have a go,
3 > but I wanted a separate setup for simplicity. So I built a basic
4 > system from 2007.0 on a new partition and installed the first few
5 > kde-4 packages (startkde, kdm, konsole and a few others).
6 >
7 > Now I want to submit a bug report, but are the Gentoo devs happy to
8 > receive these yet, since kde-4 is not officially released?
9
10 kde-4 IS released. What do you think kde.org did on 11 Jan?
11
12 There are kde4 ebuilds in the OFFICIAL portage tree but hard-masked.
13 That means the devs want a certain class of user to use them, and
14 submit bugs - why else put them there?
15
16 Submit a bug at b.g.o. as normal. The worst that can happen is that
17 jakub will trash them WONTFIX.
18
19 Or you could submit the bug at the kde overlay bugzilla:
20 https://www2.mailstation.de/bugzilla/
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list