From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:04:07
1 On 11/28/05, Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > I've just moved from XFree86 to xorg and updated my KDE and now my wheel
3 > mouse doesn't scroll anymore. I'm using the same mouse lines in xorg.conf
4 > that I used in Xfree86.conf, but I can't get it to work. It must be
5 > something I just don't see. Any ideas?
6 >
7 > Logitek Track man Wheel (USB)
8
9 I'm confused. If it is a USB mouse, why are you using /dev/psaux?
10 /dev/input/mice would be the preferred device if you are using a 2.6
11 kernel, with protocol either "Auto" or "ExplorerPS/2".
12
13 Here is what I have in my xorg.conf:
14
15 Section "InputDevice"
16 Identifier "usbmouse"
17 Driver "mouse"
18 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
19 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
20 Option "Buttons" "8"
21 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
22 Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
23 EndSection
24
25 My guess is the Buttons option is the critical one that you are
26 missing, and should probably be "5" in your case.
27
28 -Richard
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list