From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PosgreSQL - pg_hba.conf localhost access only
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 05:48:23
1 On 04/25/13 00:16, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
2 >On 4/24/2013 19:23, Joseph wrote:
3 >> The above is not correct as users from any machine on a local network
4 >> can connect to my database.
5 >>
6 >In the scenario you described, as Joost explained, the users on your
7 >network are *not* connecting to your database; they are connecting to a
8 >website. The web server is connecting to the database on their behalf.
9 >PostgreSQL's host-based authentication controls only who access the
10 >database directly, not who access the applications that use it.
11 >
12 >> If I put a line in pg_hba.conf
13 >> host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
14 >>
15 >This line is not valid. pg_hba.conf entries take the form
16 >
17 >type database user [address] method [options]
18 >
19 >"type" can be 'local' (connections over a Unix socket), 'host'
20 >(connections over TCP, maybe using SSL), 'hostssl' (connections over TCP
21 >using SSL), 'hostnossl' (connections over TCP not using SSL).
22 >
23 >To achieve what I think you are looking for, just remove all lines from
24 >pg_hba.conf except this one::
25 >
26 > local all all trust
27 >
28 >This will prevent anyone from connecting to your databases using TCP at
29 >all. If you really need TCP from the localhost instead of Unix sockets,
30 >you can also add this line::
31
32 I just tried as you suggested, the only active line in: pg_hba.conf
33 local all all trust
34
35 anything else is commented out. I restarted the server but I still can connect to postgresql from another computer via Firefox.
36 I'm trying to produce meaning-full report to see if I can record remote connection from external computer so I have enable in: postgresql.conf
37
38 max_connections = 100
39 shared_buffers = 24MB
40 log_destination = 'syslog'
41 logging_collector = on
42 log_directory = 'pg_log'
43 log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
44 log_file_mode = 0600
45 syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
46 syslog_ident = 'postgres'
47 client_min_messages = notice
48 log_min_messages = notice
49 log_checkpoints = on
50 log_connections = on
51 log_disconnections = on
52 log_error_verbosity = verbose
53 log_hostname = on
54 datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
55 lc_messages = 'en_US.UTF-8'
56 lc_monetary = 'en_US.UTF-8'
57 lc_numeric = 'en_US.UTF-8'
58 lc_time = 'en_US.UTF-8'
59 default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'
60
61 But I don't see any indication in any report which computer is the connection coming from.
64 Joseph