From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC broke my LVM?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:48:51
1 On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > On a side not, I'm not sure if this could the problem:
3 >
4 > I've got one disk on one of my pairs failed. There's a replacement
5 > disk arriving tomorrow, but the stripe (thats built out of 3 mirrored
6 > pairs) won't start on its own, I have to manually rebuild the array
7 > after boot.
8 >
9 > This shouldn't stop it detecting lvm partitions manually should it?
10
11 In my experience, no. As long as raid can present a consistent block
12 device, lvm does what it should. RAID is designed to do that in a
13 mirror configuration.
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list