From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ntpd & timezone
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:24:18
1 I'm new to Gentoo. I've built a system based on the 2.6-11 kernel and
2 everything has been working fine. Some time passed and I thought it a
3 good idea to update. Thus I ran emerge -uvD world to update. Then I
4 ran etc-update to merge the conf files. I basically accepted
5 replacement of conf files I didn't think I'd changed and merged the ones
6 I did change. However, now ntpd seems to make my time about 8 hours
7 behind my local time. I am on PDT. I suspect ntpd is seeing PDT as GMT
8 and then the system is subtracting the 8 hours. What file(s) should I
9 look at to get things back to normal?
10
11 Thanks,
12
13 Drew
16 Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
17 Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
18
19 http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list