From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:27:45
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> and you need all the videodrivers? I am sure not. So remove them and set
4 >> VIDEO_CARDS in makec.conf.
5 >
6 > A light just went off over my head. For mnths, maybe yrs... I've
7 > wondered why so many x11 drivers would get installed.
8 >
9 > OK, but a quick google on `site:gentoo.org VIDEO_CARDS' didn't turn up
10 > a way to determine what card is on the machine. At least not a
11 > recognizable hit I can see is about that.
12 >
13 > I'm pretty sure I can get that info without opening the cover but I'm
14 > drawing blanks about how.
15
16 Never mind. lspci is my friend