From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drives not detected in repeatable order.
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:05:35
1 Am 03.10.2011 20:40, schrieb Grant Edwards:
2 > Just recently I've run in to problems because my hard drives are not
3 > detected in a predictable order, so my fstab that mount /dev/sdb1 and
4 > /dev/sdc1 sometimes result in directory trees in the wrong places
5 > (/dev/sda seems consistent, but I don't know why).
6 >
7 > What's the recommended way to fix this?
10 Mount by UUID or label. In /etc/fstab, specify UUID=foo or LABEL=bar
11 instead of /dev/sdx1. You can current UUIDs and labels with `ls -l
12 /dev/disk/by-uuid` and `ls -l /dev/disk/by-label`, respectively.
13
14 Hope this helps,
15 Florian Philipp