From: Christian Apeltauer <christian.apeltauer@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bluetooth audio
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:35:51
1 Am Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:11:35 +0000
2 schrieb James <jtp@×××××.com>:
5 > Also, the a2dp thing has me pulling my hair out. Is the *only* way to
6 > use a2dp with pulseaudio? Is there no way to simply redirect all audio
7 > to the bluetooth headset?
8 >
9 > Anyone who can toss some experience in my direction would be greatly
10 > appreciated.
11 >
12 > Thanks!
13 > -james
16 It is possible to setup alsa using bluetooth:
17 Add to ~/.asoundrc (if it doesn't exist just create it)
18
19 pcm.bluetooth {
20 type bluetooth
21 device "11:22:33:44:55:66"
22 }
23
24 (replace 11:22:33:44:55:66 with the actual
25 address of the bluetooth headset). Sound can now be directed to the
26 headset via the alsa device "bluetooth", e.g.:
27
28 ogg123 -d alsa -o dev:bluetooth
29
30 Some GUI application doesn't show that device in their configuration
31 dialogue. vlc is an example of this behaviour, but it is possible to
32 make vlc use it by manually editing the configuration file.
33
34 You can also make the bluetooth device the standard device by
35
36 pcm.!default {
37 type bluetooth
38 device "11:22:33:44:55:66"
39 }
40
41 It is a long time since I made that setup, so I can't say if it will
42 work out of the box. But it is possible to avoid pulseaudio. I hope it
43 will help.
44 Best regards
45 Christian