From: Jacques Montier <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [xorg-server-1.5] managing graphic card
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:50:54
7 Paul Hartman a gentiment tapote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Jacques Montier
10 <jacques.montier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
Hi all,
14
15 Is it possible to configure HAL for managing graphic card without any
16 xorg.conf ?
20 I think so, if you are using generic vesa drivers. I believe if you
21 need ati/nvidia binary driver you still need to define it in xorg. But
22 you can leave out all of the modes etc. You just need to define a
23 screen and a graphics card/driver. Usually the rest will happen
24 automatically. :)
29 I'm using 9600 ATI graphic card with fglrx driver, and am going to try
30 the free radeon driver.
31
32 Thank you Paul,
36 Jacques