From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loop-AES versus DM-Crypt versus ???
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:41:39
1 On (23/06/08 06:26) Chris Walters wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Sorry if this subject has been hashed and rehashed again, but I was
6 > wondering
7 > which Gentoo partition encryption scheme is considered the best, in terms
8 > of:
9 >
10 > 1. Security
11 > 2. Ease of setup and use
12 > 3. Number and type of ciphers available
13 >
14 > This question is inspired by my current use of loop-AES on my home
15 > directories,
16 > and my desire to encrypt my whole filesystem - except for a boot loader
17 > partition.
18 >
19 > Regards,
20 > Chris
21 Hi,
22
23 i use loop-aes, read a discussion about it being more secure.
24 Not using any encrypted partitions but think both will give you the ability
25 to do this, just select which one to use.
26 Not much information but count it as a vote :-)
27 HTH. Rumen
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
30 >