From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uploading Files to Windows CE
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:33:51
1 On 10/08/2010 05:17 AM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 07.10.2010 23:45, schrieb dhk:
3 >> Does anyone know how to upload files from a Gentoo box to Windows CE?
4 >> The CE device has a cradle with a usb connection which appears as
5 >> character device in /dev/ttyUSB0 . The Windows cetools / cecopy does it
6 >> if you want to use Windows. However, I would like to do it from Gentoo
7 >> if possible. Any ideas?
8 >
9 > metatron@Shao ~ $ eix -S "windows ce"
10 > * app-pda/synce
11 > Available versions: (~)0.13 (~)0.14 {gnome hal kde serial}
12 > Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/synce/
15 > From the Homepage of synce at http://www.synce.org/moin/
16 > "The purpose of the SynCE project is to provide a means of communication
17 > with a Windows Mobile device from a computer running Linux, *BSD or
18 > other unixes using USB or Bluetooth. One can then use one's computer to
19 > browse files, install applications and synchronize contacts, calendar
20 > and tasks with their PIM application of choice."
21 >
22 > I don't have tried it because I don't own a WinCE device but it sounds
23 > like the right thing to me.
24 >
25 > Hth
26 > Sebastian Beßler
30 You know I have that installed. It looks like I tried it once, but
31 didn't get far with it and then started exploring other options. Since
32 I haven't found other options so I think I need to revisit this.
33
34 Thanks,
35
36 dhk