From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] QEMU guest fs is coming up read-only
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 07:42:15
1 I've got a 32-bit QEMU Gentoo guest on my machine. For some reason,
2 it comes up readonly, and other partitions aren't being mounted.
3 Unfortunately, the initial messages flash by so quickly I can't read
4 them to get an idea of what's going wrong. Since /usr isn't mounted,
5 "less" isn't available. I fired up busybox, and ran "dmesg | less".
6 There was no hint in the output about what went wrong.
7
8 If nothing else, is there a way to greatly slow down the QEMU boot
9 process so I can at least read the error messages, and have something to
10 work with?
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications