From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Backlight problems
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:18:13
1 On my just-released Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook, I can control the backlight
2 with 'xbacklight -set 0' and 'xbacklight -set 100'. Any other values
3 cause the screen to blink and flash. The keyboard backlight shortcuts
4 don't work unless I map them to xbacklight 0 and 100. Also xbacklight
5 doesn't work at all if I'm unplugged from AC. I've tried
6 acpi_osi=Linux and acpi_backlight=vendor in grub.conf. acpi_osi
7 doesn't seem to make any difference and xbacklight doesn't work at all
8 without acpi_backlight. Do I just need to wait for a newer kernel?
9
10 - Grant