From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] I could use some OT coaching... retrieve laptop os remotely
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:34:34
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Isn't this an indication that more than the screen was damaged? Did you try
4 > pressing Fn+F4 or whatever the appropriate key is to activate the external
5 > monitor? Did you try rebooting just for good measure?
6
7 You can disregard my other response. It turns out the laptop does
8 have that very key combo to use external monitor, so I'm logged in to
9 the os thru that mechanism and can now create an image with onboard
10 software.
11
12 Thanks Mick... I didn't know or remember there being such a switch but
13 a quick google confirmed your first thought of Fn+F4, and looking hard
14 at the F4 key, I see a representation of something that could be a
15 monitor with ON/OFF images portrayed.
16
17 Thanks