From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using portage to install packages in home dir
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 19:58:55
1 On 03/11/2015 18:31, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 11/03/2015 10:30 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>>
4 >>> That's what Gentoo Prefix does, and it works on other operating systems too.
5 >>>
6 >>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> IMO we don't do nearly enough to promote Prefix. Who needs MacPorts
10 >> and such when you have Prefix? I consider this a real illustration of
11 >> the power you get from a source-based distro.
14 > Prefix has a terrible problem: everyone who knows how awesome it is
15 > already uses Gentoo, and therefore doesn't need Prefix.
20 s/Gentoo/Prefix/g
21
22 There you go, fixed in one command. Easy!
23
24 Next question please.
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com