From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM for data drives but not the OS
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:01:09
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 15:21:33 +0200, Joost Roeleveld wrote:
5 >> I think Dale will probably succeed in breaking it :)
6 >>
7 >> Dale, this comment isn't meant as an insult. I honestly think you would
8 >> be perfect for some QA or Testing job :)
9 >>
10 > But not on any project you wanted to finish on time ;-)
16 Joost, I see your point. This is my life saying. If it wasn't for bad
17 luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I hope for the best but expect
18 the worst. You should see my dining room. Full of food stuff just in
19 case. After my last visit to the grocery store, I'm thinking I may not
20 have enough yet. o_O I also have a generator and some gas stored too.
21 I also have a big garden to grow food as well. I may be disabled but I
22 ain't stupid. I just try to keep the bad things that can happen in the
23 back of my mind and keep a plan going, just in case it does hit the fan.
24
25 I'm sort of wanting to use this as a learning experience. If I can get
26 things set up, working and understand what the heck things do, then I
27 may try some more stuff. Right now, my light bulb is pretty dim on
28 LVM. I don't understand how it works and what the heck those commands
29 do. I'll have my light bulb moment eventually. Since I don't have the
30 new drive ordered yet, I got time to read, listen and try to grasp it all.
31
32 Just a old dog trying to learn new tricks. lol
33
34 Dale
35