From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu / nbd
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 08:54:55
1 On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 08:05:46 +0100, n952162 wrote:
2
3 > Or maybe the assumption is wrong - after emerging *nbd*, I still get
4 > this when I try to modprobe nbd, which is required for running
5 > *qemu-nbd*:
6 >
7 > modprobe: FATAL: Module ndb not found in directory
8 > /lib/modules/4.19.72-gentoo
9
10 The assumption is wrong, sys-block/nbd contains the userland stuff, to
11 get the module you need CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD=m in yor kernel config.
12
13 The qemu ebuild already checks kernel configs for required settings and it
14 sounds like this should be added to the list. I'd suggest filing a bug
15 report, if there isn't already one.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!