From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)NOT-FIXED
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:44:32
1 On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:41:14 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > >> Guess you're right, I don't want hotplugging.
4 > >
5 > > I never said you don't want hotplugging. Set rc_hotplug to
6 >
7 > you said "automatic" hotplugging; is that something else?
8
9 I explained that in my previous post, Alan was referring to desktop
10 hotplugging, like mounting removable devices when they are connected, a
11 completely different use of the same word.
14 > > "!net.*" to disable network hotplugging, and add net.lo back to the
15 > > boot
16 >
17 > thanks Neil, speeds up the boot process a lot. May I ask where you got
18 > that? It's not in man rc.conf.
19
20 It's in the comments in the original file.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.