From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel(R) C600 SAS Controller
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:57:26
1 looks promising:
2
3 virt-backup dumps and packs a 12 GB image-file within ~145 seconds to a
4 non-compressing btrfs subvolume:
5
6 a) does a LVM-snapshot
7
8 b) dd with bs=4M and through pigz to the target file
9
10 The bigger LV with ~250GB is running right now.
11
12 The system feels snappier than with the old kernel ... I wonder if there
13 is more to tune as right now I am using the rather generic config which
14 is not tuned for the specific CPU, for example (which might even have
15 helped? ;-) ).
16
17 That was good progress today ... but I might consider re-configuring the
18 RAIDs as mentioned.
19
20 As I run backups via amanda I have to provide a so called holding disk
21 as intermediate place for dumps on their way to the tape drive.
22
23 This means copying around stuff within the same hardware raid array.
24
25 One big fat hw-RAID10 might be better?
26 But losing the wrong 2 drives makes it crash again ... afaik.
27
28 time for a break here.
29
30 Greets, Stefan