From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:23:32
1 Anthony Metcalf wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> It's been a while but make sure you have switched to the new gcc and
5 >> it is working fine before removing the old one. Nothing worse than
6 >> removing gcc then finding out the new one isn't . . . functional.
7 >> Sort of fun to fix.
8 >>
9 >> Dale
10 >>
11 >> :-) :-)
12 >
13 > Tell me about it!
14 >
15 > Hint: Don't then unpack a stage 3 tarball in / to get a working gcc
16 > back......
19 True. That would work but I would be doing a fresh install. I suspect
20 there would be a few orphaned files around after that. Still best to
21 'test the waters' before diving in on such a critical package. I don't
22 usually remove mine until all my packages have been rebuilt, just to
23 make sure.
24
25 Dale
26