From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mariadb confused about expire_logs_days
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 18:21:00
Hi John,

"John Blinka" <john.blinka@×××××.com>, 15.04.2019, 17:20:

> (/etc/mysql/mariadb.d/logs) contains > [mysql] > expire_logs_days = 1
> Clearly, this is being ignored, since I now have 3 weeks of
It is not ignored, it is used by mysql as indicated in the section label. But since mysql does not know this option it complains as you saw. The real bug is probably that [mysql] should be [mysqld] instead. $ mysqld --verbose --help | grep expire --expire-logs-days=# expire_logs_days days; possible purges happen at startup expire-logs-days 0 Good luck, s.