From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error while starting Docker daemon
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 19:05:09
1 On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > From what I see above you are running btrfs. It may be worth compiling in
4 > your kernel this module you have left out, because I've read somewhere it
5 > prevents fs corruption (Rich seems to know a lot about BTRFS, so I leave it to
6 > him to confirm its usefulness):
7 >
8 > # CONFIG_BTRFS_FS_CHECK_INTEGRITY is not set
11 I wouldn't look much further than the config docs on this one:
12
13 Btrfs with integrity check tool compiled in (DANGEROUS)
14 ...Enabling this functionality is not intended for normal use. In
15 most cases, unless you are a btrfs developer who needs to verify the
16 integrity of (super)-block write requests during the run of a
17 regression test, say N.
18
19 It looks like it is intended only for regression testing. I didn't
20 dig too deep into the docs, but it probably turns on some assertions
21 and probably doesn't have much in the way of recovery if they are
22 triggered. Granted, if they trigger you probably have issues anyway,
23 but they might not be as severe as whatever happens when this is
24 turned on. Of course, in theory it shouldn't do anything other than
25 waste RAM/CPU, since assertions aren't supposed to be triggered.
26
27 So, no, you don't want this on a real system.
30 Rich