From: Corbin <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody got a Gentoo system working under uclibc?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:25:56
1 On 04/27/2016 09:12 AM, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > I'm testing uclibc in a 32-bit QEMU Gentoo VM. I want to eventually
3 > install on my ancient 32-bit-only netbook. I'm running into problems.
4 > See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7912494.html
5 >
6 > To summarize...
7 > * static IP works for eth0, but dhcpcd fails, which is bad news for a
8 > laptop or netbook
9 > * when building x-rg-server, the builds for xf86-input-keyboard and
10 > xf86-video-intel fail to compile
11 > * www-client/w3m fails to build, so I can't even get decent textmode
12 > web browsing
15 You already found my test load :)
16 Glad it helped someone.
17
18 Did you have/add "evdev" in "make.conf" for INPUT_DEVICES?
19 "evdev" is built-into-the-kernel or a kernel module. The newer input
20 function, augmenting/replacing the AT keyboard and /dev/psaux.
21 ( Seems "evdev" is almost replacing the functions of "xf86-input"
22 libraries for Xorg.)
23
24 What CPU flags did you set/unset for the build?
25
26 My reason for asking ... a lot of software has an unmarked dependency on
27 "sse/sse2". If the info on the Atom CPU I found was correct ... it
28 doesn't have sse/sse2 instruction sets.
29
30 Useful Info : https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Safe_CFLAGS
31
32 Hope this helps.