From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Config Manager
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:30:26
1 Trenton Adams wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > Does anyone know of a kernel config manager that manages the kernel
5 > configuration settings that I want? For instance, I want this network
6 > driver, and that driver, and the other driver.
7 >
8 > Want this to be managed outside the standard menu config because it
9 > will make it easier to switch to a new kernel, such as xen-sources, or
10 > vanilla-sources. I can then keep the default settings of that
11 > particular kernel, and enable all the *extra* stuff that I need.
12 >
13 > Any help would be much appreciated.
14 >
15 > Thanks.
16
17 If you want a GUI type thing, you can try make xconfig instead of make
18 menuconfig. Make sure you are in the right directory though.
19 /usr/src/linux should work.
20
21 Is that what you are looking for?
22