From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AT&T DSL + Westell modem/router = Gentoo woes
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:51:53
1 On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 11:54 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I recently switched from cable to DSL on a Gentoo router and I'm
3 > having trouble keeping a stable connection. Periodically I need to
4 > run '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart' before it will connect to the
5 > Westell modem (which is also a router although AT&T won't admit it).
6 > The weird thing is that rebooting the system doesn't reacquire the
7 > connection. I have to actually issue '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart'.
8 > Does anyone know why rebooting doesn't reacquire the connection and
9 > restarting the interface does?
10 >
11 > - Grant
12 >
13 I just use the modem to login and then enable ip pass thru to my router
14 which is a linksys running DD-WRT;
15 http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7073
16
17 This set-up has worked well for a few years without me having to do
18 anything.
19 HTH
22 David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>