From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing messages
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:07:20
1 Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 1/18/23 4:19 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> I might add, in the past I followed the instructions to get bounced
4 >> messages, I've never once had it work.  I don't get a error or
5 >> anything either, like I do if I do something wrong doing something else.
6 >
7 > I tried it a few times.
8 >
9 > I'd see mail log entries where the re-sent messages would fail the
10 > same way that the original sent message failed.  :-/
16 That could be.  I disabled spam protection on the Google end and I never
17 have problems with messages from other sites.  As far as I can recall,
18 the only time I've had bounced messages is from a Gentoo mailing list.
19 Anyway, after trying to get missed messages a few times, I finally
20 figured out it was a waste of time.  I'd like to have them but if I
21 can't get them, well, no point trying.  It could be the OP is running
22 into the same problem I have in the past, whatever that problems is.  I
23 might add, I don't recall seeing anything that leads me to believe I
24 actually missed any messages.  I tent to follow most threads and I don't
25 recall ever seeing a quoted message that I don't have the original of.
26 The only exception is one person who I have blacklisted.  Those I never
27 get.
28
29 It's odd in my opinion.  Maybe someone will figure it out.
30
31 Dale
32