From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: repos.conf
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:09:17
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I hope you find this useful.
5
6 Yes I did.
7
8 Sure sounds like an excellent topic for one of our devs to post
9 to planet.gentoo.org about an example of how diversified configurations for
10 our current migratory status on source codes from a wide variety of
11 places could be set up. Surely those leading us on this journey have crossed
12 these bridges?
15 I tend to ignore such needs as long as possible, but with cluster code
16 development, I'm reading about or fixing things from the kernel(s) to
17 functional programming (which until recently I strongly avoided) and every
18 thing possible in between. Some days, I think I'm going crazy......(but
19 actually I'm OK with that idea, really I am).
22 Then I read about something like "nitrous.io" [1] and I realize that I have
23 a far greater grip on the multifaceted aspects of diverse coding than some
24 of the clowns that are getting rich. Maybe, just maybe, we need to get some
25 'go daddy girls' to help us get organized ? I guess any documented formal or
26 structured approach, that would allow one to focus on just one problem
27 (piece of code) for a few days/weeks is strictly out of the question......
30 Please keep the ideas and schema coming, as I only want to solve this code
31 migration & organization problem once. Maybe I should just file a (bgo) bug
32 about when do we git nitrous.io on gentoo?
35 (reminds me of the dentist :: a_hole).
36 But he does have an extremely attractive hygienist!
37
38 James
41 [1] https://pro.nitrous.io/